Na Ranna Gaeilge, COC ~ Cumann na Scríbheann nGaedhilge
The Twenty-First Annual Irish Texts Society Seminar
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Main Quadrangle, West Wing 6
The subject of this year's event will be Táin Bó Cúalnge from the Book of Leinster, edited by Cecile O'Rahilly, Irish Texts Society Main Series vol. 49 (1969).
Please register online at the UCC Shop.
Registration is required for all attendees: €35 registration fee (€20 students and unwaged) which includes lunch, tea, coffee, etc.
N.B. It is essential that you register by 5.00pm on Wednesday November 6th.
Clár / Programme9.30 Oscailt / Opening
9.45 Brian Ó Catháin: ‘Cecily O'Rahilly: editor of Táin Bó Cúailnge’
10.25 Greg Toner: ‘Reading the Táin from Back to Front’
11.05 Caifé / Coffee
11.35 Ann Dooley: ‘Lebor Laignech and Lebor na hUidre: Connections and Comparisons’
12.15 Lón / Lunch
13.30 Seoladh Leabhar / Book Launch
14.15 Christina Cleary: ‘Táin Bó Cúailnge: The Manuscripts of the Second Recension’
14.55 Darach Ó Scolaí: ‘Táin Bó Cúailnge: From Old Irish to Modern Irish’
15.35 Plé agus Clabhsúr / Discussion and Close
For enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The proceedings of the first nineteen seminars have been published in the ITS Subsidiary Series; the results of the 2018 seminar on The Poems of Giolla Brighde Mac Conmidhe, edited by N. J. A. Williams, Irish Texts Society, Main Series vol. 51 (1980), will be launched this year.
Seminar proceedings published to date in the Subsidary Series:
1. (1999) Fled Bricrenn: Reassessments (ed. Pádraig Ó Riain);
2. (2000) Dáibhí Ó Bruadair: His Historical and Literary Context (ed. Pádraigín Riggs);
3. (2001) Beatha Aodha Ruaidh Uí Dhomhnaill: The Life of Red Hugh O’Donnell, Historical and Literary Contexts (ed. Pádraig Ó Riain);
4. (2002) Duanaire Finn: Reassessments (ed. John Carey);
5. (2003) Cinnlae Amhlaoibh Uí Shúilleabháin: Reassessments (ed. Liam P. Ó Murchú);
6. (2004) Dinneen and the Dictionary: 1904-2004 (ed. Pádraigín Riggs);
7. (2005) Translations from Classical Literature: Imtheachta Aeniasa and Stair Ercuil ocus a Bás (ed. Kevin Murray);
8. (2006) Amhráin Chearbhalláin / The Poems of Carolan: Reassessments (ed. Liam P. Ó Murchú);
9. (2007) Geoffrey Keating’s Foras Feasa Ar Éirinn: Reassessments (ed. Pádraig Ó Riain);
10. (2008) Lebor Gabála Érenn: Textual History and Pseudohistory (ed. John Carey);
11. (2009) Tadhg Dall Ó hUiginn: His Historical and Literary Context (ed. Pádraigín Riggs);
12. (2010) Edmund Hogan’s ‘Onomasticon Goedelicum’: Reconsiderations (eds Kevin Murray and Pádraig Ó Riain);
13. (2011) Caithréim Thoirdhealbhaigh: Reassessments (ed. Liam P. Ó Murchú);
14. (2012) Lebor na Cert: Reassessments (ed. Kevin Murray);
15. (2013) Buile Suibhne: Perspectives and Reassessments (ed. John Carey);
16. (2014) The Poems of Blathmac Son of Cu Brettan: Reassessments (ed. Pádraig Ó Riain);
17. (2015) Rosa Anglica: Reassessments (ed. Liam P. Ó Murchú)
18. (2016) The Matter of Britain in Medieval Ireland: Reassessments (ed. John Carey)
19. (2017) Tóruigheacht Dhiarmada agus Ghráinne: Reassessments (ed. Kevin Murray)
These volumes along with selected ITS volumes from the Main Series are available for purchase online or on the day of each seminar.